Re: Paper for Gum Printing

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 04/09/03-05:52:41 AM Z

I could be wrong about this, but I've always been under the impression
that they are two different papers, the Rives BFK and the Rives BFK
Heavyweight. According to my Daniel Smith catalog, "Besides the
difference in weight, BFK Heavyweight sheets are sized a little more
heavily than the standard BFK" I also noticed an odd difference between
the standard BFK 250 gm and 270 gm in my sample pack of printmaking
papers: the sample marked "Rives BFK Std White 250 gm" has a coarser,
more cold-press looking surface than the sample marked "Rives BFK Std
White 270 gm" which has a finer, smoother surface.

I too am bored with what I'm supposed to be doing. ;-)
kt