pigment color affecting exposure

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 04/17/03-08:50:08 PM Z

Question:
     What is everyone's opinion about this: "theoretically, the color of
the pigment does not affect the sensitivity of the emulsion since the action
of the light is on the sensitizer and the gum"....that the only way pigment
affects exposure is in its density of holding back light, either by how
concentrated it is used in the mix or by the inherent density of the pigment
itself (I suppose what we would term "covering power").
     I guess I am asking this: do you gum or carbon printers always find in
practice blue exposes more quickly, and so on down the line in order like
this: from shortest to longest times in this order: blue, green, violet,
orange, black, red, yellow, brown.
     Or is that not true?