Re: update on powdered gum

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 04/19/03-11:28:36 AM Z

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> Thanks, Alberto,
> But then why do we call a 30% solution mixing 300g in 1000 ml water?

I don't think we do, and maybe that's the source of the confusion. A 30%
solution is when you start with 300 g of whatever and add water til you
have 1000 ml solution. In other words, you're not mixing 300 g material
with 1000 ml water, but 300 g material with however much water it takes
to make 1000 mls of solution. The amount of water necessary to bring
the solution to 1000 ml will vary depending on the properties of the
material being mixed in.
kt