Re: SV: Paper negatives with cyano/VDB

From: Grace Taylor (gtay22@earthlink.net)
Date: 04/26/03-10:45:42 AM Z

on 4/24/03 12:14 PM, angelica1@telia.com at angelica1@telia.com wrote:

> I know there is something called "waxed paper negative" (who´s looked
> intressting), but unfortunely I don´t know how to make it. It should be
> possible to use papernegative, but use so thin paper as possible and you
> will exposure it a longer time./Angelica
>
> ----------
>> Från: "Rauch, Shelley" <rauch@yorkcounty.gov>
>> Till: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
>> Ämne: Paper negatives with cyano/VDB
>> Datum: tor 24 apr 2003 16.22
>>

>> I know that generally an enlarged film negative is used for either the VDB
>> or cyanotype processes. Would it be possible, however, to use a paper
> negative?
>>
>> Shelley C. Rauch
>> Acquisitions Dept.
>> (757)890-5116
>> Tabb-York County Public Library
>> 100 Long Green Blvd.
>> Yorktown, VA 23693-4138

You can make computer paper negatives translucent by using mineral oil or
liquid parafin (a product I have only seen in England). The oil has to be
rubbed into the paper with a cotton wad for some time for it to become
translucent. Then you can put it between paper towels to soak up any excess
oil. If you use this method, you should put a piece of clear transparency
material between the oiled negative and your prepared printing paper. There
is also a way to use wax, but I'm not familiar with that. Grace