Re: Kosar's Top 10 Gum Facts

From: Larry Roohr (larry.roohr@comcast.net)
Date: 08/02/03-09:38:41 AM Z

No, I'm serious. If % soluble means %in solution, and it does get to 89%
at 86degF, then one could get the amount of dichromate into the mix
Stuart does with the same amount of water without having to do the dry
measurement thing. If the liquid dichromate is kept as you do, with a
sludge of available dichromate at the bottom to go into and out of
solution as the temp changes, this should be manageable. But, I slept
through my one required chemistry class in college, so this could just
amount to twisted thinking on my part (not that that ever happens 8^).

Larry