Re: Banding?

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 08/07/03-07:50:39 PM Z

Kerik,

I work with a 12X20" camera so I know exactly what kind of print
quality this size negative gives. The point I was trying to make was
that I can get virtually the same quality from a digital scan of a
5X7" negative with an inkjet negative enlarged to about 12X20",
assuming the final product is a pt/pd or kallitype print on art or
drawing paper. This is due to the fact that the texture of the paper
limits print quality. With AZO (or carbon on a smooth surface paper)
this would not be true, for with these processes the 12X20" in-camera
negative clearly blows away any print from an inkjet negative,
irrespective of final surface.

Now, would you be saying that you can get the same print quality at
12X20" size in pt/pd from a DSLR as with a 5X7" view camera?

BTW, what is a DSLR?

Sandy