RE: color order

From: Keith Gerling (keith@gumphoto.com)
Date: 08/15/03-12:40:38 PM Z

Dick,

I can't comment on carbon. For gum, I like to print in that order: CMYK.
In my own printing experience, I've found that the "C" negative (or the
inverted "r" if I'm working with RGB) has the most finely detailed
information. Having it on paper first makes "reading" the progress of the
print easier, and it helps in registration of the other layers. The "K" may
or may not be used, and so I put it on last, mixing up the pigment intensity
as suits the need of the print. The yellow neg has the least amount of
information, and if you are coming from a digital source, the most noise.
So it goes on somewhere in the middle, the exception would be if I'm using a
less translucent pigment like Raw Sienna, that tends (like some other
yellows) to put an ugly haze over everything.

Keith