Re: TMY dev time for rollo at 80 degrees?

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/18/03-02:44:36 PM Z

Kevin,

Looking it up in TNPP, I find I recommended that TMY be developed in Jobo
Expert drums for nine minutes at 70 degrees in ABC+ (rollo) pyro formula to
produce negatives intended for platinum/palladium printing. I did that
testing about six years ago so it should be used as a starting point only:
do your own tests with fresh materials.

With a convenient nine minute time I see no point in raising the
temperature. The ABC+ formula itself takes care of the oxidation
problem--that's what the formula is for. Using ABC+ is a little more tricky
than using PMK in trays. The stock solutions should be allowed to mature for
a couple days after mixing, and the mixed amount should be used up in a few
months because it tends to gain activity after that. The working solution is
of course a one-shot.

---Carl

--
           Web site with picture galleries