Re: TMY dev time for rollo at 80 degrees?

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/18/03-05:40:18 PM Z

(b) my recirc bath temeprature may be difficult to cool down to 70 (my
workspace in in an attic and currently even with AC is 76)

That is a good reason to process at a higher temperature <s>.

I'm afraid I don't have any data on processing at higher temperatures. If
memory serves, I think Hutchins says that PMK development times change about
15% per degree in the 70-80 range. Since ABC+ developments are about 30-40%
faster, I'd expect temperature adjustments will move faster too. But that's
just a guess. You will simply have to make your own experiments. Higher
temperature should cause no physical problems with the film. TMax emulsions,
even in small roll sizes, are optimized for a 75 degree process temperature,
so 80 is only a small bump from there. Best of luck, and when you get good
results using ABC+ at higher processing temperatures, please post your
results to the list.

---Carl