DEFINITELY OT BUT NOT POLITICAL

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 08/25/03-09:16:03 PM Z

DEAR PABLO, (ARIE, & RICHARD),
    Yes, you have some excellent Epee and Foil fencers in Buenos Aires. The
International Olympic Association has organized "Solidarity"...a series of
workshops taught by world famous fencing Maestros (Maitres or Masters) to
raise the level of coaching in the smaller countries thereby raising the
level of competitors.
    I fenced from 1965 to 1982 when I retired from competition due to work
pressures from my fashion and advertising photography studio. I was dragged
out of retirement (kicking, scratching, and biting) in 2000 to be the chief
instructor of the Barbados Fencing Club (now Federation about to receive
recognition by the National Olympic Association). I was VERY
serious...competed regionally and once in the Nationals. Now I am 52 years
old and am working VERY hard to be a good coach.
    In Buenos Aires, Maestro Albarracin, who has recently been appointed
coach of the Spanish National Team, taught our workshop. It was extremely
rigorous...three hours of classes in the morning and four hours of fencing
and coaching in the afternoon/evening. Keeping up with 30 and 40 year old
coaches left me EXHAUSTED.
    Now, to put this more on topic, I did see a few great photo shows when I
was there.
                        CHEERS!
                                        BOB