Re: sodium metaborate

From: Ryuji Suzuki (rs@silvergrain.org)
Date: 08/26/03-10:17:14 AM Z

From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: RE: sodium metaborate
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:05:01 -0700 (PDT)

> There was a very long thread in the Pure-Silver mailing list fairly
    recently about what exactly Kodalk is. I don't remember all the
    details but it seems that the hydration is somewhat uncertain.

The discussion is summarized here:

http://silvergrain.org/Photo-Tech/chemistry-misnomers.html

In short, I suspect sodium metaborate available in technical or
purified grade to be tetrahydrate, but I have no idea what Hutchings
intended in his formula, so I kept silent on this thread.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie." (Bob Dylan 2000)