Re: Test of J&C Classic 200

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 08/26/03-08:53:42 PM Z

Jeff,

JandC Classic 200 is manufactured at the same plant in Hungary from
whence also comes Fortepan 400 and Berger BPF 200. I tested it also,
exposing, developing and plotting the film myself, with the 2:2:100
dilution of Pyrocat-HD. JandC Classic 200 is quite similar to BPF but
allows for slightly greater expansion.

I based my testing and BTZS plotting on a desired DR of 1.75 (UV
reading = effective printing DR) for kallitype and palladium
printing. At this DR I got an EFS that varied from 200 at SBR 8 to
320 at SBR 5.5. You can see partial results of the tests at
http://www.apug.org/site/main/viewtopic.php?t=1579

Regarding your tests, on what did you base the target DR? Visual,
Blue, or UV reading?

Sandy