Re: Archival qualities of Pictorico OHP film.

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 08/28/03-10:45:46 PM Z

I agree with Larry that longevity predictions can only be predicted
based on certain ink and media combinations.

That said, I will comment on longevity of digital negatives on
Pictorico made on the Epson 2000P. I started printing on Pictorico
with the 2000P almost two years ago and have quite a number of
negatives that are that old, and a bunch more that are six months to
a year old. Some of these negatives have been used many times to
print, with direct exposure to a strong UV light source for about 4-5
minutes each printing. As far as I am able to determine there has
been very little if any fading of the negatives.

It should be noted for the record, however, that the permanence
suggested by Epson for the 2000P pigments is quite a bit higher than
what is suggested for the 2200, or for that matter higher than what I
have seen suggested by any of the third-party vendors such as MIS,
Inkjet Mall, etc.

Sandy