Re: Gum : dichromate concentration

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 12/01/03-01:27:38 AM Z

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Katharine Thayer wrote:

> I can't speak for Judy, but I'll just butt in here to say that within 5
> or so minutes of being in the water, for me the yellow dichromate clears
> completely from the entire print, including borders.

Yes, after the first 10 minutes all the dichromate seems to have leached
out, tho the pigment has generally not begun to go. Howwever, I have
never that I can remember suceeded in making a print with only 10 minutes
total development... nor do I want to. My standard development time for
TESTS is one half hour, tho a print is more often an hour up to 24 hours.

In only 10 minutes, aside from lack of definition, the paint is still
bleeding and blurry.

As for the borders -- I mask out the borders these days, but yea or nay I
don't find dichromate stain in normal course of events. Maybe it's the
sweet NYC water.

Judy