Re: NA2 For Pt/Pd BLENDS

From: Clay Harmon ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 12/05/03-01:42:25 PM Z

I've had some correspondence with Dick about this issue, and his
testing indicates that it DOES NOT work with a pt/pd blend because the
presence of the platinum metal readily converts the oxidation state of
the Na2 from 4 to 2, (or normal pt metal salt in other words) which
basically leaves you with just a standard blend of pt/pd. His tests all
had an ES of 1.5 no matter what amount of Na2 he added. So he feels
pretty sure that it only works as a contrasting agent for pure
palladium. I'm reviewing some of his stuff on Na2 for his second
edition right now, and I just stumbled on that interesting fact last
night.

Clay