Re: Lith film and base density

From: Gordon J. Holtslander ^lt;holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Date: 12/08/03-09:27:21 AM Z

Hi:

I will concur with Ryuji, I use a developer with benzotriazole when I
process my lith film. I don't notice a significant base fog. I usually
flash the film as well, and if done correctly I don't get fog.

Gord

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Ryuji Suzuki wrote:

> From: Scott Wainer <smwbmp@starpower.net>
> Subject: Re: Lith film and base density
> Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 05:56:43 -0500
>
> > started using Dektol diluted 1+15 @ 70F for 2-1/2 minutes and when I
> > switched to Ansco 130 diluted 1+1 @ 70F for 5 minutes fb+f went from about
> > .07 to about .03 density.
>
> Lith films are made for different chemical properties than usual
> continuous tone negative material, and they can exhibit elevated fog
> when processed in developers typical for continuous tone processing.
> This can be most effectively taken care of by addition of small amount
> of benzotriazoles or other common antifoggants such as
> 1-phenyl-5-mercaptotetrazole. It is not necessary to change developers
> just for this purpose.
>
> --
> Ryuji Suzuki
> "Reality has always had too many heads." (Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound, 1997)

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2