RE: Lith film

From: Liam Lawless ^lt;liam.lawless@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: 12/12/03-09:55:46 AM Z

Hi Folks,

A caution about APH/S and reversal. Long time ago (before 9/11) I
bought a large box of APH, but with reversal processing found it gave
faint oyster shell markings in certain areas of the image. It hadn't
done this before, and it was fine with conventional processing.
Freestyle couldn't offer any explanation, so I finally put it down to
X-ray damage. However, in recent correspondence Bob Nugent says he's
observed the same fault (also on large sheets, I believe). Don't know
if the film would be X-rayed on internal flights or if it goes on
aeroplanes for US shipping, but I suggest testing with a small box
before making a big investment in film. I've given up on APH until I
hear an explanation for the problem, and am now trying to do digital.
:(

Liam