Photoshop CS "?'s"

From: Scott Wainer ^lt;smwbmp@starpower.net>
Date: 12/13/03-04:59:39 PM Z

Hi all,

After recently doing a major upgrade to my PC (yeah, I know), I decided to upgrade from Photoshop 6 to Photoshop CS. I ordered the UPGRADE directly from Adobe yesterday (12.12.03) and recieved it today (12.13.03). I preformed the install and to my suprise I now have working copies of both Photoshop 6 and CS on my computer. Has anyone else found this after doing the upgrade?

Now to the really hard questions: I use Photoshop, for the most part, to make enlarged negatives on 2 Epson 1280's with Westjet film; one with MIS dye-based inks and the other with MIS GP archival inks (I was using the MIS hex-tone inks but could never get good prints from them and the tubes kept clogging). In setting up the color management for the CS version I had a few questions:

1. Under settings, should I choose "U.S. Prepress Defaults" and Adobe RGB (1998)?

2. Under RGB, I see settings for Canon CanoScan FS4000US (my film scanner) and Epson Stylus Photo 1280 (my printers). Should I choose one of these for my RGB setting?

3. What should my CMYK, Gray, and Spot settings be?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Wainer
smwbmp@starpower.net