Re: Photoshop CS "?'s"

From: Scott Wainer ^lt;smwbmp@starpower.net>
Date: 12/14/03-07:13:35 AM Z

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the information. Being extremely colorblind in reds and greens, I tend to work only with monochromatic processes (in my painting and color photography courses the instructors put on sunglasses to view my work) and use Photoshop only to make negatives for contact printing (Albumen, Cyanotype, Kallitype, VDB, Salt, ect...). Since I only work with Photoshop in grayscale, I didn't think that color management was so important; then I worked on several images on a friend's computer and found out otherwise. My questions were based on trying to setup Photoshop for making negatives on Epson 1280's; I had thought setting RGB for the printer might make the images come out with truer color rendition (up to now my grayscale negatives have had a bluish-red cast to them - so I am told).

One more question for the list, which I know has been discussed before but I could not find the answer in the archives (I got over 1000 responses to my query), then it's back to hibernation. When I apply a curve for a particular process (i.e., Cyanotype), do I apply it before or after inverting the image?

Thanks again,

Scott Wainer
smwbmp@starpower.net