Re: Dreaded fungus

From: jfulton ^lt;jefulton1@comcast.net>
Date: 12/18/03-10:18:00 AM Z

Kodak (and perhaps others) would, once upon a time, use a lacquer to 'seal'
the color negative. I would not advise doing that by yourself today.
    Wise storage in a dry environment with perhaps a bit of silica gel
desiccant might provide that measure of safety you inquire after.
    The desiccant can be checked now and then to see if it has turned dark
from accumulated moisture at which point you'd remove it, heat in the oven
and put back.
    Jack F