Re: Flatbed scanner, Epson's latest model

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 12/21/03-02:45:16 AM Z

That scanner is sold in Japanese market under the name GT-X700 and
running for about 45 000 yen or US$410 or so.

If you and your browser read Japanese, you can find a great deal of
info here:

http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/products/scanner/gtx700/x7001.htm

The summary of specifications is here:

http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/products/scanner/gtx700/x7007.htm

I personally still use Epson Expression 1600 with transparency light
house, which can scan legal size transparency material. I would also
hate having to cut 120 films into strips of 13cm because I always cut
mine in strips of 20cm and don't want to change this for stupid
negative carrier design. (Why don't they design to accept two 20cm
strips instead of 3 13cm strips? Please send them consumer feedback!)

Maximum nominal readable density is 3.8.

Maximum transparency scanning area is 14.4cm x 23.1cm or 5.7 x 9.1
inches, which is smaller than British plate size.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Reality has always had too many heads." (Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound, 1997)