Enlarging negatives by reversal for contact printing - Confused...

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 12/23/03-09:03:52 AM Z

My supplies of lith film are running out. So, I started to seach for
films to use with reversal processing. I only could find "new" graphic
arts films suitable for a such named "rapid access processing". The
supliers say there is no more old type films suitable for lith A + B
development. As I know near to nothing about lith films (I don't even
know what film I'm using - I purchased from someone who cut it from a
roll) I decided to ask here:

- When I seach in the web, I see many different types of
copy/duplicate/graphic arts films (what are all distinctions about?).
Which type of "inexpensive" film is the most suitable for enlarging
negatives by reversal processing? Are these so called new rapid access
films suitable for the job? (Can these "hard dot" ultra high contrast
films give continuous tone results with diluted paper or film
developers?)

Please note that I'm not in the States so please try to make more global
recommendations.

Thanks in advance,
Loris.