Re: OT inkjet neg fading

From: Clay Harmon ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 12/31/03-10:38:06 AM Z

To answer Judy's question, no, I never thought that inkjet prints were
archival. But what surprised me was how rapidly the print loses
density. In the article I mentioned, they had a graph that showed print
density loss versus time. By 70 days, there was a 0.12 loss of print
density, or almost a third of a stop. I am well aware that this was a
specific result that is applicable to one printer/ink/paper
combination, but it sure gives one pause. My post was really just to
see if anyone has noticed any density loss with their inkjet negs over
time. I suspect that the dye based inkjet negs will show some loss,
whereas the pigment based inks that I'm guessing that Sandy uses on his
2200 will show much less of a loss over time.

Clay