Re: Acros Films

From: Ryuji Suzuki (RSuzuki@MIT.EDU)
Date: 02/01/03-12:07:51 AM Z

From: Amy Cutting <amos1979@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Acros Films
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:16:21 -0600

> I'm by no means a film chemist but I was just wondering what would happen to
> the film if you went back and forth between the thickened developer and a
> water bath to clear/clean off the used developer and then reimmerse into the
> fresh developer like some people do with paper developer and Amidol? Just
> wondering. Amy

Umm... this is a good question. You should become a developer chemist,
so that I can focus on emulsion chemistry... :-)

But I guess that the water bath may increase unevenness of the
image. Thickened developer with good agitation gives you good
sharpness and good evennness at the same time. HOWEVER, it is
difficult to handle and uneconomical so it's rarely used for practical
purposes, as I said before.