Re: Stand Development

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 02/02/03-02:34:14 PM Z

  Anchell and Troop write that Atget may have used Hubl paste for stand
development, which I gather is a very thick glycin-based developer
containing only glycin, sodium sulfite and potassium carbonate. They
give the formula as:

hot water 150 degrees: 500ml
sodium sulfite 165g
glycin 135g (!!!! have you ever tried to dissolve glycin?)
potassium carbonate 625g
water to make 1 liter

Dilute 1:35 and leave for a while

I'm regurgitating the book here. I've never tried it. From my
experience, it would take about 12 hours of stirring to dissolve that
much glycin in so little water.

FWIW

clay