Re: Re: self masking and POP

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/03/03-01:49:34 PM Z

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, [iso-8859-1] Alberto Novo wrote:

> on 02/03/03 Judy Seigel wrote:
>
> > As for "self masking" -- from what you say it's impossible to test that so
> > we can say anything
>

> Brush a very thin cyanotype on a transparent sheet, expose under a strip test but do not develop. Then use the exposed cyanotype as a negative on a DOP (not self-masking) paper. It should be detectable if the solarized areas absorb differently (and how) or not.

Yes of course... but, like Sandy says, even the "transparent sheet" has
some UV blockage. I think Pictorico is quite transparent & I have a couple
of others, but... IMO that topic (self masking) is about like how many
angels can dance on the head of a pin for meaning anyway-- and will do the
tests if, as, and when, maybe

J.