Re: sizing argyrotypes

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 02/07/03-10:17:26 PM Z

Yes, I've printed on Cranes 90# and I've not sized it before coating
and printing.

Hmm, perhaps the paper is too dry. Make you could raise the relative
humidity with a bath of hot water nearby or using a humidifier. I coat
quickly with a Richeson brush which is slightly damp with distilled
water. Sometimes I run out of sensitizer due to rapid absorption and
have to dip the brush into distilled water and "smooth" out the last
few strokes -- sorta like "emulsion helper." I can usually salvage a
problem coating job with this technique, but not if the "helped" area
is an area of heavy density.

-Darryl