Re: Vandyke brownprints - silvery deposit

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/08/03-03:36:05 AM Z

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Neil Miller wrote:

> I wish I knew how to test the tartaric acid, but I'm not too well-up on
> things chemical - if you know a simple test I would be grateful.
>
> Thanks,
> Neil.

sorry, I don't... but I did read something recently that said FAC nowadays
needs more tartaric, maybe I THINK from Dick Sullivan ... anyway it
wouldn't hurt to try doubling in a small amount of solution... Meanwhile,
I never HEARD of the tartaric going bad. (I'd sure like to know where it
DOES go... mine is missing entirely.)

J.