Re: Homemade vacuum easel

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 02/08/03-10:51:46 AM Z

John wrote:

>In a message dated 2/7/03 3:59:56 PM Central Standard Time,
>sanking@clemson.edu writes:
>
>>Prints made with the vacuum easel just seem to have a bit
>>more snap, which I attribute to slightly tighter contact
>>

>Sandy,
>I understand how the vacuum frame holds the paper down. What holds
>the negative flat on the paper?
>John

John,

I place a thin (1/32" thick) sheet of phenolic plastic on the rubber
of the vacuuum easel , then the negative/sensitized material sandwich
goes on top of this, with the glass on top. I have a traditional
NuArc vacuum easel that allows me to expose sensitized material up to
about 23"X29".

Sandy