Re: Kitchen brewed gold chloride! Not!

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@attbi.com)
Date: 02/12/03-08:31:11 AM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vicente-M. vizcay Castro" <mapa@ctv.es>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 12:55 AM
Subject: Re: Kitchen brewed gold chloride! Not!

> Since it has been seen, there are certain person who use the list
> to promote its products, seminaries, etc.
> He does not have another professional ethics that to increase its income.

I have no objection to occasional posts announcing products available,
seminars, used equipment, etc....., as long as they're alt-photo related.
Certainly we don't want to be bombarded with constant commercial
'advertisement' messages, but I don't see that currently happening.

Of all the list members, I can't think of anyone who's sole objective is to
"increase its income". Maybe you're independently wealthy, but the vast
majority of us have to earn an income. There is nothing wrong with
promoting one's business and trying to generate a profit.

> He is a grudged and wretched person, for which it does not represent
> anything
> to terrify to good people, scaring them on chemical procedures, those that
> with
> the ADAPTED AND SAFETY MEASURES (it is what one is due to inform in
> the list), are possible to be done in house.

Although you mention no names, I have a good idea of who you're referring
to. In my opinion, your characterization of this individual as "grudged and
wretched" is ridiculous, and reduces your argument to the level of
ad-hominem attack.

I welcome any posting that warns of potential dangers and advises taking
appropriate safety measures. I've personally seen photographers handle
dangerous chemicals in a careless manner. Please note that I'm no expert on
the subject of "kitchen brewed gold chloride", and don't wish to enter that
particular argument. I'm merely speaking in very general terms about safety

If you so vehemently dislike any individual's contributions to this list,
you can either delete their unread messages or structure your email program
to block messages from that sender.

Best regards,
Dave in Wyoming