Re: Silver Gelatin...?

From: Kris Erickson (kerickso@ryerson.ca)
Date: 02/17/03-02:27:18 PM Z

Yep, silver gelatin is basic black and white photography. Fibre based or
resin coated, the emulsion is in both cases silver gelatin.
Liquid emulsion (such as Liquid Light or it's competitors) is also
silver gelatin, but it allows you to utilise the image on different
substrates (glass, stone, wood, etc.)
Martin Reed's Silver gelatin: a user's guide to liquid photographic
emulsions is a good place to fill in the gaps (if you can find it).
Cheers,
Kris