RE: Glass plates

From: Monnoyer Philippe (monnoyer@imec.be)
Date: 02/18/03-03:45:07 AM Z

Hi David,

At first, do not sub your plates, just wash them very well, mecanically first, then let them soak in diluted sodium hydroxyde (warning, dangerously corrosive etc ...) for hours, rinse several times, then rinse with dsitilled water, let dry away from dust.

For the coating, do not flow the emulsion on it. Level your plate on a bench, on a rubber pad or equivalent. Use a wired coating rod like those made by RD Specialties (http://www.rdspecialties.com/). Pour a given quantity of luke warm emulsion along the edge of the plate and coat the plate with the rod without rolling it. Let dry overnight WITHOUT warming. After some trials, you'll have a perfectly regular coating.

Philippe