Re: Chemical Safety

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 02/20/03-02:56:25 PM Z

Boy, I agree we have to be concerned about safety issues with these chemicals
we use. I did take a look at www.dhmo.org as you suggested and out of
curiousity checked out one of their FAQ's: <A
HREF="http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html">Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide</A>

Now I was truly amazed at the number of uses for this chemicals—as stated in
this FAQ,
Here are a few of the uses

"as an industrial solvent and coolant,
* in nuclear power plants,
* by the U.S. Navy in the propulsion systems of some older vessels,
* by elite athletes to improve performance,
* in the production of Styrofoam,
* in biological and chemical weapons manufacture,
* as a spray-on fire suppressant and retardant,
* in abortion clinics,
* as a major ingredient in many home-brewed bombs,
* as a byproduct of hydrocarbon combustion in furnaces and air conditioning
compressor operation,
* in cult rituals,
* by the Church of Scientology on their members and their members' families,
* by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
* by pedophiles and pornographers (for uses we'd rather not say here),
* by the clientele at a number of homosexual bath houses in New York City
and San Francisco,
* historically, in Hitler's death camps in Nazi Germany, and in prisons in
Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Libya, Iraq and Iran,
* in World War II prison camps in Japan, and in prisons in China, for
various forms of torture,
* by the Serbian military as authorized by Slobodan Milosevic in their
recent ethnic cleansing campaign,
* in animal research laboratories, and
* in pesticide production and distribution."

Now I am trying to figure out what KKK and NAACP and "homosexual bath houses"
have in common and how they might use this chemical compound—I don't think it
would fit into Alt Photo, so I guess it is off topic to even pursue it.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, I think.

Mark Nelson