RE: the safety (about shifting in turns, nothing more)

From: Joachim Oppenheimer (joachim@microdsi.net)
Date: 02/25/03-06:50:34 AM Z

I drove a beetle for nine years, putting $5 of gas in every 2 weeks, until
my wife gave me the no-more-stick-shift ultimatum. I am impressed by your
experience and would love to have you give me driving lessons. I want to
make one safety comment in regard to photography: We all known about the
stained fingers the old timers experienced when they dipped their digits
into the diamines - read that as amidol and all the great staining fine
grain developers. I have noted - NOT a scientific survey but an
impression -(similar to the one I had in the 1940s about cigarettes and lung
cancer) that so many of the old-timers had Parkinsonism in later years that
I have carried the SUSPICION (not proof) of a relationship between the two.
I began avoiding these great fine grain staining developers long ago. Of
course, all of this may be academic now that I am saving up my pennies to
buy a Nikon 100 digital. Joe