Re: Kudzu will win

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 01/02/03-11:30:40 PM Z

Shannon,

I have a friend in Walhalla, SC that makes all sorts of stuff out of Kudzu...
here is a website with info:
http://www.clemson.edu/scbg/pages/carriage/nancy.htm

She is quite an interesting person. She is Cherokee and took the name
basket after serving her apprenticeship as a basket maker. She has soap,
jelly, baskets, paper and other things made of Kudzu. She even uses bales
of Kudzu to insulate a building.

Her daughter, Jolene, is also an excellent basket maker—especially pine
needle baskets. I have some wonderful photographs of Jolene in her great
grandmother's native costume. She had just turned sixteen and her hair was
down to her knees. A delightful young lady.

There was a rumor that Kudzu had shown up in a forrest preserve near Chicago.
  People were scared to death! There they call it the Kurse of Kudzu.

Mark Nelson