tchotchkes

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/06/03-02:16:17 PM Z

Somebody on this list asked me if I knew how to spell the word above,
because he'd been to several yiddish web sites and not found it.

I did not.

But last week I found it in an art review in the NYTimes, by Ken Johnson.
Work of Franco Mondini-Ruiz, "Nacho de Paz" at Fredrieke Taylor, Chelsea,
through Feb 8.

Johnson began,

A mildly ironic affection for kitsch is normal these days, so the art of
Franco Mondini Ruiz, who draws on his vast collection of cheap curios,
souvenirs, tchotchkes ..." and that's the end of the piece I tore out.

I hope to get up to see it, having some mildly ironic affections myself...

Anyway, I don't remember who asked the spelling, but if you read it in the
NY Times... odds are good. And I admit, if I had a larger apartment I'd
have many more of these items than I do, but each one is loved....

J.