About that bird Re: Sam Wang "Bird from Courtyard"

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/10/03-05:02:59 PM Z

Sam Wang is having some connectivity problems but he supplied some info
offline which is worth sharing...

He said the did not, does not, and will not kill birds for art, but "the
bird ate the berries in our school courtyard and got disoriented from the
fermented berries & smashed itself into the windows. (Is there a lesson
here?"

Also,

> The negatives were made from the original digital image on the
> inexpensive Arista Overhead Transparencies, on the HP printer in my
> office.
>
> Incidentally, I had an extra 500 cards made, and will be glad to send
> to whoever might ask for one.

(Highly recommended. Sam Wang <stwang@mail.clemson.edu>)

Sam also explains that he does NOT size the paper with gelatin or
anything else, either before or after the cyanotype. Tho he does
preshrink, he says he hasn't put gelatin on paper in years.

J.