Re: getting more contrast out of pt/pd developer

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/12/03-04:36:42 PM Z

Alan,

You may get more contrast by diluting the developer, but it will come at the
cost of unpredictable density and gritty tonality. Just as other contrast
methods tend to have a negative impact on print quality. Overall, the best
way to increase the contrast of your platinum prints is to develop your
negatives longer. If a standard (not pyro) negative is developed to the
general vicinity of platinum range but lacks the snap you want, selenium
intensification is very effective. Getting it right in the first place is a
lot simpler though.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: