Re: Paper makers... Sizing and Buffering... repeat question

From: John Glen (microcrystals2002@yahoo.com)
Date: 01/14/03-03:39:19 AM Z

Thank you Richard for your answer.

I am wondering what you think about X's (Sorry, I
don't have his name with me at this moment)claim that
the octahydrate is a misnomer and that the substance
in question is actually the tetrahydrate.

I use one of the metabisulfites for sterilization of
bottles home made Root Beer... (any other brewers out
there?)and I have a bottle of Sodium Hydrogen Sulfite
I use for developers...seems like they are sort of the
same thing...

Anyway, I still need answers to these other questions,
if anyone listening has this information or experience
making and sizing paper:

1. Can Kodak Balanced Alkali be used to buffer or
   increase pH, How would this be done? (What
   concentration & time?)

2. How else could this be done? (What chemicals,
   concentrations & times?)

And a new question...

Does anyone know how (regular) colored paper is made?
I mean the kind where only one sheet is involved and
only one surface is colored- roller coated? Spray
coated? Silk Screened?

JG