Japanese paper

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 01/14/03-03:04:08 PM Z

     Well, I am back from my trip to Japan (back to 978 messages in my
Inbox!) and what a glorious country. I wanted to thank the list for the
discussion on Japanese paper--because of the info I brought with me I was
able to communicate and get what I needed--I think it was Masayuki Nishimaru
who posted the info about Torinoko washi and the different grades.
     What I wanted to report (haven't gotten a chance, of course, to try
them yet :)) is that Torinoko gampi about which Jack Fulton talked is--get
this--300Y a sheet or about $2.52 there, and Jack had said it was $16 in the
states. Needless to say, I bought some of that and then some other grades
of Torinoko from a paper place called Haibara in Tokyo, by the Nihombashi
station. I resisted the impulse to buy the 3' by 6' sheets of Torinoko
Ichi-gou which were $113 each...but the grade I bought was 3000Y or $26 for
a 3'x6' sheet. Beautiful paper. Now, to enlarge negs from the 20 rolls of
film I shot...
     Thanks again, list! Can't wait to move thru the 978 messages and see
what other great information there is to be had.
Chris