Re: new photo gallery

From: Claudia Lorenz (clorenz@telusplanet.net)
Date: 01/15/03-07:29:58 PM Z

Re: new photo galleryHi Sandy,

Thanks for your interest! Our gallery is fairly new and is the only space
in our city dedicated solely to photography. We have plans this year to do
8 shows (one every six weeks approx.), and rather than take commissions on
work sold, we rent out space for a fee of $250 - $450 per wall for both
group and solo exhibitions. This fee includes an email version of the
invitation (design included) which is sent to our database of approx. 750
and a paper invitation that goes out to about 150. We also hang posters
around town and list the event on local websites. We serve food & wine at
the opening reception (cash bar), and our openings are very well attended,
the last two having had at least 200-250 people. Photographers set their
own prices and proceeds go directly to the artist. I've attached a word
document showing the wall sizes and prices.

The gallery is located on the 'avenue of shops' in Artspace at the
Crossroads Market and is open to the public on weekends only. Current
attendance for weekend traffic is approx. 200 people.

As I mentioned on the alt list, I would really like to showcase some
alternative processes, and we will be dedicating at least one show this year
entirely to alt. Of course we would also show alternative processes at any
time, combined with other types of photography. We are also working on
a site that would promote some of the photographers that have shown, and
an in-house catalogue allowing people to order prints.

If this is something you might be interested in, let me know, feel free to pass
along the info to any other photographers as well.

Regards,

Claudia Lorenz
PhotoSpace Gallery