Future coating tests

From: Martin Reis (mreis@tafelmusik.org)
Date: 01/23/03-10:15:57 AM Z

I bought the stuff last night and took some
leftover cyanos, all a bit under-exposed and coated them
with Future using a 1' cheapo brush. There were cyanos
on a variety of plain paper to cotton-rag, some toned in tea for that cream
coloured look etc.

Overall, the coating (done only once for now) produced
a 'pearl/semi-matt' look to them. The increase in contrast was noticeable on
all especially the plain blue cyanos on regular paper. Thicker papers or
papers with a coarser surface showed less change (likely soaking the liquid
up) There was little crinkling of the small prints which I used. Most of all
these was a colour change to the purple/blue range. All in all, nice but
does make a cyano a wee bit shiny. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess.

I will do another coat today and see ...

Thanks Christine
Martino

Note to Christine: Yup. Sure smells nice! ;-)

---