Re: introduction and request for info on digital negatives

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/27/03-02:37:30 PM Z

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Tom Couch wrote:
 Tom, I lost your message but noted your self-description as "somewhat
lazy," so you wanted ready curves. The bad news is that's more trouble in
the long run ... unless you're going to have someone else make them for
you (which is also more trouble in human relations and/or travel).

 To me, the other liberating thing about the digital negative is that
after coping with all the hassle of learning to do it and taming your
digital printer, when you see your negative isn't doing just what you want
(or in gum printing if you find yourself wishing for a 3rd or 4th neg),
you can bat one out in 10 minutes, & use it right away. For a process like
platinum that's very dependent on the negative that's even more important
than for gum.

J.