RE: Sulfuric acid storage ( was RE: A newcomer into the alt. process world...)

From: Loris Medici (lorism@tnn.net)
Date: 07/04/03-01:31:06 AM Z

Hi Sil,

Good to know that. I also have a glass bottle filled with 5% Sodium
Sulfide solution. Is Sodium Sulfide an alkali? (Sorry for such basic
questions, I'm no good in chemistry)

> 2) Depends on the plastic. Laboratory bottles, made of high
> density polyethylenes or polypropylene are exceptional good
> for concentrated acids (even hydrofluoric, etc). The problem

I feel better now. Will store the acid in its original plastic packaging
enclosed in another plastic box.

Thanks for the reply.