Re: What is a stain (was: Re: lemon juice and gum printing

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 07/04/03-04:38:46 AM Z

Clarification:

Katharine Thayer wrote:

. I've used the word
> "stain" in the past to mean something that doesn't belong in the print
> and can (and should) be removed,

This was poorly stated, as some stains (chromium deposits) can be
removed and some (pigment stains) cannot; the point I was trying to make
is that when I say "stain" I generally mean something that doesn't
belong in the print, that either visually spoils the print or
potentially threatens the permanence of the print or (in the case of
very heavy chromium deposits) both.