Re: lemon juice and gum printing, other questions

From: Jack Brubaker (jack@jackbrubaker.com)
Date: 07/05/03-12:44:49 PM Z

> From: "Chris
> At a certain point, exposing both am di and pot di at
> their dilutions will show more steps up the scale the longer the exposure
> is, I would think

The question was for Sandy but I'll give my share...
If you say exposure and developement I agree with you. When I want a long
scale to print (even on acrylic size) I use a thin coating (less gum or more
water) and expose long enough that the gum won't swell up and be soft in
developement - the thin coating is important in this. I can then develope
with brushing and long soaking to clear the whites and ballence the
mid-tones. Because the thin coat has hardened well it can take brushing
without loosing detail.

Jack