Sample Kodak Backlit film

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 07/11/03-10:18:21 AM Z

After 6 weeks of searching around, I just received a roll of Kodak Inkjet Reverse Print Backlit Film - 6 mil. (Kodak # 875-9573), but I still haven't found a chance to test it.

>From what I understand about this product it has a film base that, unlike the Epson Backlight Film, doesn't block UV light and like the Epson product accepts dense ink for the highlights. Also, some of you out there are using this film successfully for Alt prints. The film looks very much like the Epson product.

My interest in writing to you folks is to collaborate with one or two of you who are using similar equipement, ie. 4 Color Epson printer with quad black inks and who make prints (preferably PT/PD) using a UV light source.

I will be happy to send a few cut sheets from this roll to anyone (no more than 3) who finds that their hardware/setup meets the above constraints and who will be willing and able to report their findings.

Many thanks,

Nick