Digital Negative Stuff

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 07/11/03-09:31:26 PM Z

I will not be able to attend APIS this year but Sam Wang is taking a
few of my prints. Most of the prints are palladium toned kallitypes,
and nearly all of them were made with enlarged digital negatives from
scanned 5X7 originals.

The digital negatives were printed with the Epson 2000P on Pictorico
OHP, using color mode. As I mentioned in a previous post, the
negatives have a much greater effective printing density range than
would be apparent from either their visual appearance or from reading
with a regular densitometer in Visual or Blue mode.

If you have a chance to look at these prints at APIS bear in mind
that they were all made with the same time of exposure, and using the
same sensitizer and contrast controls. If nothing else these prints
show some of the potential of digital negatives from the Epson 2000P,
and I understand that results from the 2200 are even better.

Sandy King