Re: cyanotype questions - washing

From: Nigel Miller (nm1@bolton.ac.uk)
Date: 07/22/03-09:30:35 AM Z

Hi

I have generally used a salted water bath (tablespoon ish per litre) as the
first wash for cyanotypes. I can't remember who told me to do this but it
does seem to give very clean highlights and, perhaps, a more vibrant blue
hue.

I use several baths until the water stops staining.

Does anybody else do this? I'm not that technical as far as the chemistry
goes so if anyone has a view on whether the salted water wash is a good idea
or not I would appreciated it but..... It does seem to work.

Thanks

Nigel Miller