Re: Dry Dichromate and Gum, was Re: News from APIS

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@bresnan.net)
Date: 07/22/03-09:51:07 PM Z

What exactly is the "dry dichromate technique"? Why would this be
advantageous?

Is Stuart Melvin a member of this list? If so, please elaborate on your
process.

I find this "top secret, wait and see at APIS" hype really annoying. It's
very frustrating to read second hand reports heaping praise upon this guy's
(Melvin) work with no details, no published reports, etc.... Does this guy
really exist? Why the silence? If I, an overworked car salesman in rural
Wyoming with precious little spare time, can post countless contributions to
the alt-photo list, why can't this so-called gum guru write a single word?

>From what I've read of Stuart Melvin (View Camera magazine a few years ago)
he hasn't done anything that hasn't been done a hundred years ago. So
what's new? Let's hear it!

I regret not attending APIS. I would have loved to have been there, but I
had to work.

Best regards,
Dave in Big Wonderful Wyoming